Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Two weeks of nail-biting

With only 12 days to go, I am essentially a nervous wreck. There's not much I can do at this point to ensure success, so I'm fretting over all the things that are left - what clothes I want to wear, for example.

Boston is not the most predictable of climates: in 2004 it was sunny and 86 degrees for the marathon, last year it was rainy and in the 30s. I'd be happy with anything not rainy and between 40-50. If it falls below 40 or above 50, I have to give more consideration to what I'm wearing during the race. I don't think I really have the right shorts for a hot-weather marathon, and I'm in a little bit of a panic because I'm not sure what I'll do if it gets hot. I'm going to just plan on wearing my capris and hope it's not hot. Upper body, who knows. Gloves, probably, if it's under 60.

I am ready to get this over with.

2 comments:

Ed Hammerbeck said...

w000ooooOOOOOOO!!!! Go Tracy! [Imagine me cheering you on at Heartbreak Hill.]

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about you, knowing you have very little time left...i'll second Ed-imagine me cheering you on at heartbreak hill...bet i can out-yell ed :)
mom