Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lessoned learned

Do not help your friend move her entire second floor apartment across town to a third floor apartment, in a four hour move-stravaganza, then go for a long run. Bad idea. I could tell early on I was tired -- who knows how many stairs I climbed, plus I didn't get lunch -- but was alright until around mile 15. It was those last three that weren't much fun.

And talk about not fun -- should have seen me on Monday. My arms (where I have recurring bouts of tendonitis in my wrists and arms from typing) were amazingly sore, so much so I couldn't hold a pen. My back hurt, my neck hurt, my legs hurt. I hobbled around like an 80-year-old woman all day.

So Monday became the logical off day, especially since my work schedule shifted a little this week. Tuesday I banged out 10x400 with 400 recoveries, all of which I ran faster than I thought I would, averaging 1:31 for the efforts.

I have two more 20 milers left, one this weekend and one March 29, as part of Papa John's 10 miler. Just under six weeks to go until Boston!

2 comments:

Ed Hammerbeck said...

Dang. I sorta had that experience on "chainsaw day" weekend-before-last. I ran a fast [for me] 5k, then I handled a very heavy power tool and heaved logs around for 3 hours. Afterward, I felt like I had been in a wood chipper. I need to work on my upper body I guess.

Anonymous said...

yikes...! i'm helping trena move next week, but it's after our store run, not before :) otherwise i'd probably stroke out...hehe
mom